Tiny Talk Tuesday

The little ones are chatting away this week, here are some of the cute things they said:

While waiting to ride on the tractor with her father:
Kyra: Mommy, don't get too close (with a bold tone).
Mom: How come?
Kyra: Because you could get hurt. You don't know how to drive a tractor. Only daddy's do. So, be careful and stay back.
(I guess she's right, because this mommy doesn't have a clue how to drive a tractor.)

After receiving a FREE mini smoothie from Starb*ucks:
Katie: Mmmm. I wuv moomies.
(And I especially love free moomies!)

While in the car:
Katie: Keeewa! (pause) Keewa! (pause)
Mom: Kyra, why aren't you talking to Katie?
Kyra: Moom, I can't talk. I'm not real. And people that aren't real, can't talk!
(oh, my mistake)

While at the kitchen table in Grandpa and Grandma's house:
Kyra:
Grandpa, say nap eez.
Grandpa: Nap eez. Do you want a nap ee?
Kyra: Grandpa, those aren't called nap eez... those are napkins! Silly Grandpa.
(this is an ongoing conversation between the grandkids and grandpa. And although it may not seem funny to most, I thought it should make the book since Kyra seems to bring it up EVERY time she sees her grandpa. She just thinks it's hilarious that he calls napkins..nap eez. Of course, he only does it for their sake.)

If you want to read more tiny talk just visit Mary's.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like Kyra is the cautious one - knows not to let mommy near the tractor! That cracked me up!

E. Tyler Rowan said...

I love the little 'inside jokes' that kids have with grandparents (or daddies). Something about those special relationships just melts the heart!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Thank goodness she protected you from that tractor! whew!

Summertime is a good time for moomies. Come summer, come!

Happy TTT!

Jenni S. said...

Anna has started doing the same thing in terms of warning me from "dangers" that I tell her about. It's so cute to see the little mommy in them come out!