A Whole New World


Well, we made it home! After 3 1/2 days in the hospital, Andrew and I are finally home. The girls are so excited to spend more time with their little brother (so much that Kyra already sat down and read him a book...awe...while he was sleeping). Of course it's been 2 1/2 hours since we've been home and he is still sound asleep in his car seat, but he has plenty of time to get used to his new diggs.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better baby. He has been sticking to an every 3 hour eating schedule and has been eating fairly quickly (opposed to the girls who took 45 minutes to eat, each time). He has only been crying if he's hungry or has a dirty diaper too (of course he is a boy, which is probably why he's not giving me mixed messages. What you see is what you get!) Of course all this could change, but I'll take what I can get for now. The surgery also went fairly well. It took a little longer than it was supposed to, but I am healing quickly and feeling good.


I'll have lots more to report as the days go on, but I'm tired and need to rest a bit before the little bugger gets up. So for now, I'll just leave you with a few more pictures. And again, thank you to everyone for the well wishes and prayers. Your thoughts and comments have made us feel very loved and glad to have friends and family like you'all.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah! You're home! So glad to hear you have been blessed with a sweet baby. Hope the settling-in goes smoothly and your girls are good helpers for their new brother (and you!)

Emily Dykstra said...

Hi, Sarah!

How wonderful to meet little Andrew, if only online! He smiled???? What a beautiful little guy.

Would it surprise you that I see Josh in him? (Probably has something to do with Carey...) I don't know your hubs side of the family, so I'm only able to comment on your side. He's beautiful.

Congrats

Em

annie said...

He is so handsome! Thanks for posting. i've been praying for you all and anxious to hear how things are going. Sooo glad everything is going so well. Enjoy your boy...we're in the process of having our boy potty trained... a whole different story than our little girl. wow. love ya!

Kris said...

Oh, Sarah. He is SO cute! It makes me want to get in the car and head to MI! I'm sure he'll continue to be a wonderful little baby for you. He's just adorable! Rest when you can!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh my goodness. What a sweet little guy. I am so glad you are home and hanging in there.

Your pep talk post cracked me up. I am so there with you! We'll be walking this sleepless road together for a bit :)