Reading before 2?

This morning on the Today Show, they interviewed two parents who have an 17 month old that can read! That's right, their little girl is reading before the age of 2 (before the age of 4 for that matter). Now I've seen some gifted children, but that is something else. Her parents said they didn't really teach her either (although they are both speech pathologists and encouraged language development through sign langauge).

Now if you don't mind, I have some work to do. I'm feeling a little behind! (Really folks, I'm kidding. If you thought I was going to start drilling my 23 month old before even potty training, than you have another think coming!)

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

Oh my goodness. I'm not sure Anna could say more than 10 words at that age, much less read! Of course, I think my chidlren are gifted and brilliant and all that (what mother doesn't), but that is amazing!!!