What a Guy!

After going back to sleep this morning, I awoke very groggily to my lalatting 16 mo old. We headed to the table for breakfast, where I found a sticky note pasted to my daughter's booster chair. It read the following: "Good morning family! I have a quest for you. On the computer you will find a clue." Oh, how exciting, a morning excursion. I headed for the computer, found nothing (looked for a message on email, a picture, word document, nothing!) Fortunately I began to wake up a bit, and found the next clue had slid underneath the keyboard. My daughter then wandered in and said, "I want dessert!" No good morning, just I want dessert. I told her dessert had to wait, daddy had a hunt for us to go on first. She got excited when I showed her the sticky notes and off we went to the next clue. We visited daddy's closet, the window sill, and finally the basement. There at the kiddy table (where my kids love to eat lunch), were 3 plates of chocolate zuchinni cake that daddy had made from scratch. I guess Kyra was going to get her dessert after all. My husband, who is not much of a writer, had rhymed each clue and everything. It was a fun little pick me up from the previous night and something I will always cherish. Way to go Hon! Bonus points for the hubby.

4 comments:

Short Stop said...

Oh wow! What a guy indeed! Sounds like your house is one fun place to be!

Kris said...

Definate bonus points! Isn't it funny how they just know when we need that boost! Yea, Hubs!
K

Emily Dykstra said...

Holey brownie points, Batman! He's a keeper!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Wow - what a guy! AND you - go YOU - you followed the clues that early in the day! You even did it with success. You deserved every bit of that little boost at the end. woo hoo!